[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:15:27 +0100
Rich Measures wrote:

>It seems to me that we start with a parallel inductor /resistor
>suppressor circuit, the conductance (G) and susceptance (B)  of which has
>an Admittance, Y.  This admittance may be converted to an equivalent
>impedance, represesented as a series Xp-Rp.
                               ^^^^^^  ^  ^

That's where it all goes wrong.  What you have just described are Rs and
Xs, where s stands for SERIES-equivalent.

>>Likewise when the whole network is considered as a single equivalent
>>resistance and a single equivalent reactance in series, then
>>that resistance is Rs and that reactance is Xs.
>
>These are seemingly not the terms used in Wes' measurements.

As I showed in the earlier posting that analysed a typical line in Wes's
table, his definitions of Rp and Xp are EXACTLY the same as mine. I
tested it every-which-way, and it is completely consistent with the
normal textbook definitions. The proof is there in DejaNews.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek