[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Fri, 22 May 98 03:34:44 -0800
>Rich Measures wrote:
>>In Wes'
>>measurements, he uses the term "Ls".  What is "Ls",  Mr. White?
>
>Copied and pasted directly from Wes's own page: "the measured effective
>(series) inductance".

Mr. White:  You, sir, are correct.  Sorry for the confusion.
Henceforth,  I propose that "Lsu" designate the vhf parasitic
suppressor's inductor, and that "Rsu". designate the suppressor's
resistor.

>In other words, Ls is the effective inductance that produces the
>effective series reactance Xs

ok

As you see it, at 100MHz:
What was the inductance of the copper-wire Lsu?
What was the inductance of the resistance-wire Lsu?

At 100MHz, the measured Q of the copper-wire suppressor was 2.2, and the
measured Q of the resistance-wire suppressor was 1.5.  How do you account
for VHF-Q being c. 46% higher in the copper-wire suppressor?  What change
would you make to the copper-wire suppressor to decrease its VHF-Q to 1.5?

-  thanks

Rich...