[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 21 May 98 08:11:58 -0800
To: <amps@contesting.com>
>> Date:          Thu, 21 May 1998 03:00:35 -0800
>> From:          Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
>Hi Rich,
>
>I've asked Eimac engineers if there is any merit to your claims,
>and they always say no. ........

They?  Does one of these "Eimac engineers" perhaps Not work in Eimac's
Engineering Department?  Is this perchance the same individual who told
QST that Willis B. Foote was "not authorized" to release the information
on gold-sputtering from 8877 grids?

>I think we

Do you have a gopher in your pocket?

>can put numbers on it, if you explain the physics you
>suspect are at work.

The 250MHz-rated 8877 is similar to the coaxial-base 500MHz-rated 8938.
Both tubes reportedly have amplification into the UHF region.

In a short, capacity-hat loaded, UHF vertical radiator, where does the
current maximum occur -- in the end nearest ground or the end farthest
from ground?

>73, Tom W8JI

Rich...