[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 21 May 98 09:45:45 -0500
>To 2, I am still totally unconvinced that you can get enough current from
>the space charge and the filament in 3-500Z to do this. So I'm a flash arc
>believer.

Peter,

I am not saying I fully buy the parasitic theory....but....

Wouldn't an arc do fairly extreme damage like melting the grid or even
vaporizing part of it?  The post by John Lyles seemed to indicate that
arcs generally do some pretty damaging stuff.  Far more than just bend
filaments.

So why don't we see more extensive damage in 3-500Z's with bent filaments
if arcing is the real cause?

I've asked this question at least twice and no one has responded to it
yet.  So I am asking it again.

73,

Jon
KE9NA