[AMPS] 4cx5000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4cx5000
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:52:20 -0800

>On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 06:19:41 PST "Bill Murphy" <zuluhe@hotmail.com>
>writes:
>>
>>Just a aquired a surplus 4cx5000 rf deck and power supply which is odd
>>ball volts and frequency, looks a like a aircraft amp.
>>I need to build a 7500 volts 2 amp pwr supply. What is the most
>>suitableapproach? Where do you get 30000 volt 2 amp diodes, and is a C
filter

>>suitable with this size power supply? Also what minimum C should be
>>used and what roughly would the secondary volts be? Also for regulation
>>what is the maximum volts that can be no load applied to this particular
>>tube?
>>
>>Bill
>>

>I would start with the ARRL or W6SAI Handbook and get a knowledge of
>basics first. ...

?  However, there is nary a clue in either on how to go about building
the broadband  Class AB1 neutralization / grid input circuitry.   This
info is on my Web site.  A  grid supply and a screen supply is there too.

-  BTW, Bill, if you need a 450 ohm grid term. R for a "tetrode with
handles", I found some in the attic yesterday.   Also, an ideal grid
roller coil is currently available from Fair Radio Sales for only ten
dollars.  It was mfg. by Collins for one of their ant. tuners.

Rich...