[AMPS] 4cx5000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4cx5000
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 02:01:51 -0600

>And doesnt even know how to figure xfmr and PS specs!  Probably fry his
>butt before it gets on the air anyway.  I didnt notice a ham call either
>so it may be for CB.
>
>I'm sure Rich and a few others will continue to encourage him though in
>order to stroke  their egos.

Gees...Nice guys on the reflector here.  Some guy comes in, asks a
question and he gets shot to heck.  Come one guys.  Give me a break.
Isn't that the purpose of elmering - to teach those who don't know.

What if the guy isn't a ham?  Shouldn't we help to educate him and bring
him into the fold instead of just ranting criticism.  And to top it all
off, the people who help to elmer the guy are then criticized.  Give me a
break.  No wonder people don't want to be in our hobby.

Did you guys ever bother to ask the fellow what his use was?  Perhaps he
runs a small b-cast station - legally and all.  No you just jump on him.

Instead of just sitting there blathering about how stupid someone is, why
not help correct that stupidity?  Or are you too good for that?

And then claiming that those who help the poor guy are just building
there egos is just absolute rubbish.  Many thanks to guys like Rich
Measures and John Lyles for doing some good old fashioned elmering.

Sheesh, if someone comes in and asks some questions on this list and gets
shot to heck, perhaps I gotta find a better list.  I thought that's what
this list was for.  So if I get axed from the list for this post.  Fine.
I just won't stand for folks blasting someone who doesn't deserve it.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden