[AMPS] choice

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] choice
From: notawc@juno.com (notawc@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:24:28 -0400

On Tue, 4 May 1999 11:49:06 -0700 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:

> >On Mon, 3 May 1999 17:51:47 -0700 "Larry L. Ravlin"
> ><sheepdip@continet.com> writes:
> >>
> >> Henry 3X Classic W/ 3-500Z's and a Ameritron AL-82, same tubes.
> >> Which would you choose??????
> >
> >Neither if prior comments from others are considered. Until some
> company
> >actually builds a completely stable glass tube amp I will stick to
> my
> >TL-922. About 20 years and never a problem.
> >>
> ?  I too own a 922.  .  Ever measured the resistance of the vhf
> suppressor resistors, Larry?
>  -  cheers

Nope, it aint broke so why bother, they look just like new and there is
no sign of arcing.

I did use Carls suggestion of changing out the VHF choke to a glitch
resistor and adding a resistor to the filament transformer to bring the
individual filament voltages to 4.8V. That just seems to be a common
sense mod for any amp.

If I upgrade to a new rig or digital modes I'll try Rich's QSK circuit.

> Rich...
>
> R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]