[AMPS] choice

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] choice
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:50:36 -0700
Larry
>> Ä  I too own a 922.  .  Ever measured the resistance of the vhf
>> suppressor resistors, Larry?
>>  -  cheers
>
>Nope, it aint broke so why bother,

?  It's kinda like checking the oil pan in a car engine for metal
shavings.

> they look just like new and there is
>no sign of arcing.

?  parasites are so fast they almost never damage the appearance of the
suppressor resistors.

>I did use Carls suggestion of changing out the VHF choke to a glitch
>resistor and adding a resistor to the filament transformer to bring the
>individual filament voltages to 4.8V. That just seems to be a common
>sense mod for any amp.

?   sounds good.  48 amps of fil. inrush current suggests that a
step-start might be nice.

>If I upgrade to a new rig or digital modes I'll try Rich's QSK circuit.

Once you find out how quiet the 922 is with HSS switching, you will
wonder why you didn't spend the 60 bucks sooner.

-  cheers, Larry

Rich...