[AMPS] TL-922 Filament Transformer Protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TL-922 Filament Transformer Protection
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 99 16:09:42 -0500
>>Is the amplitude of a spark that is generated by hotswitching a 100W
>>signal on the input relay really large enough to drive the tube and
>>thereby generate a change in anode current on the output?
>>
>?  Would you expect a change in input potential to cause a change in
>anode current?

Oh, sure.  But my question is not wether or not it happens.  But as Tom pointed
out, the filter action of the input pi-network will limit the response of the
spark pulse.  Plus how large an amplitude is generated?  Is it enough of a
voltage spike to drive the amplifier into conduction?  And even if it is the
output signal on the anode still won't be all that large.  And any anode
ringing will be even less of an amplitude.  Could that ringing of small
amplitude be large enough to start an oscillation?  I doubt it except for in
perhaps the most instable of all amplifiers.  I have no proof, but neither do
you.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na