[AMPS] TL-922 Filament Transformer Protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TL-922 Filament Transformer Protection
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 99 17:12:13 -0500
>?  Damped-wave anode circuit ringing has been reported by hams who have
>access to spectrum analyzers.  All power-grid amplifiers do it.  note:
>No parasitic arcing occurred during these tests.

Rich, you are avoiding answering the issue directly.  The question was:

Does the spark that is created by hotswitching the input relay have enough
amplitude to create a sufficient signal at the input of to create any
sufficient ringing at the anode (output) of the tube?

That's what I ask.  You claim that the spark created by hotswitching can cause
anode ringing which can be a seed voltage for parasitic oscillations.  I don't
dispute the ringing.  My question is can you prove that that ringning created
by the spark is of any kind of a sufficient amplitude??

I'll use your hammer and bell analogy.  If I very lightly tap the bell, the
ringing will hardly be audible.  If I hit the bell with full force, the ringing
will be very loud.  The spark is the hammer.  The tube the bell.

How hard is the hammer hitting the bell?

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na