[AMPS] TL-922 Filament Transformer Protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TL-922 Filament Transformer Protection
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:46:33 -0700

>>?  Dissipation. rating is not the subject of the *QST* article in
>>question.
>
>Hi Rich,
>
>I've never questioned your article or mentioned that in this debate.  My
>point was strictly that I believe that resistors in parasitic suppressors
>fail not because of oscillations but because they lose their power
>dissipation capability due to heating and operating at elevated
>temperatures.

?  On 10m, with too much L-sup, high anode supply potential, and AØ/NØN,
R-sup can melt-down.  However, when R-sup fails on 15m, 20m, 40m or 80m,
there is seemingly no way that enough fundamental potential could be
developed across L-sup to damage R-sup.

>My argument was not based at all on disputing Ohms law.
>You seem to think that resistors fail becuase of parasitics.  I disagree

?  Then you need to demonstrate how much fundamental dissipation could
have existed on the freq. where a R-sup  failure took place.

>and I was giving a technical reason why.  And it's from experience too.
>
>I've never mentioned your article.  That's a red herring.

?  The *QST* article gives a non-calculus method of determining R-sup
dissipation.  I fail to see how this article is a red-herring when we are
discussing R-sup dissipation.

-  later, Jon

Rich...