[AMPS] Re: PS diode equalizing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: PS diode equalizing
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 03:00:47 -0700

>Rich says:
>
>>The event that caused me to consider not using "equalizers" in the anode
>> supply was the
>>realization that manufacturers had stopped using them.
>

>Hmmmmm...........Rich, that's a poor argument. Firstly, it assumes
>manufacturers are right. Having been in this industry for 35 years, the last
>20 for a semiconductor manufacturer, I treat that idea with suspicion!

?  The supply has worked flawlessly for ten years even though the safety
factor is paltry.

>Secondly, if manufacturers were right all the time, your arguments on
>parasitics would fall to the ground!!!

?  Hughes Electronics was reportedly using resistance-wire/ribbon VHF
parasitic suppression in a 100kW HF amplifier over a decade ago.   .  It
doesn't take an  "expert"  to realize that silver conductors might not be
an appropriate choice for damping circuitry.  G. E.'s Mr. G. W. Fyler was
onto this in 1935, 6-years before I arrived.  .

-  cheers, Peter

Rich...