[AMPS] explain this one

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] explain this one
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 14:21:59 -0700
Hi Rich,

Tom wrote:
>Rich has to have it his way, because it helps sell parts and kits.
>Just like the "high quality expensive diodes" that he pays extra for
>but won't name the manufacturer.

Rich replied:
?  To find out, I would have to walk out to the breezeway.  .  How about
naming some good manufacturers and some not so good manufacturers, in
your opinion, before I take the walk, Tom.

Regardless of what Tom or anyone says are good or bad manufacturers, how
does this bear on what you actually have to offer for sale? Would the brand
that you have in your possession right now or offer for sale change based on
what Tom deems is good or bad? Are you worried that Tom would poo-poo
whatever brand you carry?
What is the failure rate of these diodes as reported from your customers?
The rest of us can decide for ourselves.

I'm curious, what brand of 1N5408 diodes do you have available for sale?
What method(s) did you use to avoid buying "the cheap stuff"? Maybe we all
could benefit from a short course in parts procurement procedures.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!