[AMPS] VHF and 8122

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] VHF and 8122
From: tacookfam@exotrope.net (Thomas Cook)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 21:36:11 -0400
There was a series of articles in QEX some time ago that addressed the
usability of various tubes on V/UHF.  The 8122, I believe has some drift
problems at 432; not sure about lower freqs.  Perhaps someone else can
shed some concrete info on this.  They were used quite successfully in
the old National NCL2000 HF amp; I used to drive one with an old Central
Electronics 10B phasing exciter back about 1969 - worked fine.

73,  Tom - WA2BPE