SV: SV: [AMPS] UrgentSwedish questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: SV: [AMPS] UrgentSwedish questions
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:52:35 -0700
>No, the only burned contacts are the ones connecting the padder condenser.
>RFC at the output is 105 ohms which is normal. And the air-gap 7 to 9 is
>very big - no flash over here.
>
>I will try to grid-dip the lead to the padder condenser and also the
>filament choke. If there are any common dip frequencies, we have the
>flash-over reason  there. Then, there are two solutions: accept RICHs kind
>offer

This was certainly not a kind offer, Hans.  It was a cheap-ass ploy to
get free advertising for our suppressor retrofit kits.

>and try his parasitic choke or a simpler one: instead of connecting
>the padder with a straight wire to the switch as it is done now,

My guess is that the self resonance in the open 160m  Tune-padder circuit
is  above the most likely parasitic freq of c 150MHz.  Also check the dip
at the DC Blocking C

>increase its inductance and convert the wire into a small coil. Eventually
this could
>move the anode dip frequency slightly away from the common  frequency of the
>naughty  little tptg oscillator. And fix the problem. If it exists, hi!

It surely exists.  The open switch contacts have a 2000v safety margin
and should not arc unless the antenna is breaking down.

cheers, Hans