[AMPS] tuning up a tetrode amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] tuning up a tetrode amp
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:24:45 -0700

>I am almost embarassed to ask this. However, since my ego is inversely
>proportional to my waistline.........I have recently acquired a superb HB
>amp covering 160 to 10. Uses Dahl components in the PS, vac. variables in RF
>deck. built professionally by a EE (now SK, RIP). The tube is a single
>4cx1500.

An A of a B?

>My questions is how the heck do you tune this up?

1.   apply max. drive with the anode and screen supplies off.
2.   adjust the grid bias V until you have almost zero grid-current.  Do
not readjust the bias V to set Zero Signal Anode Current (ZSAC).
3.  tune grid roller coil for best swr.  (neutralized amplifiers only)
4.  apply anode and screen potentials without drive.  Set

 I have used