[AMPS] Network analysis of suppressors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Network analysis of suppressors
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:27:25 -0500

> As I said before, for this kind of radiation event to be
> significant in a high power vacuum tube, the number free electrons
> created by the radiation event would have to be on the same ordern
> as the number of electrons created by thermionic
> emission. If one could still make a case for this sort of
> thing (I think that this is unlikely), the hypothesis could be
> tested by exposing the amplifier in question to the appropriate
> radioactive source while simultaneously monitoring anode current.
>

> Just my $.02
>
> Mike, W4EF..........

But Mike, now that everyone has changed the bad parts and added
nichrome the problems went away.

Despite the fact that the change in VHF Q is very minor, and
Measures original suppressors actually have higher Q when in
circuit than many conventional suppressors!

It'll take a long time before people eventually figure out when you
replace all the bad parts you usually fix the problem, because the
problem is virtually never a parasitic anyway.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com