[AMPS] ssr's in qro amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ssr's in qro amps
From: ve3zi@hotmail.com (Roger P)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:03:55 PDT

I am reminded of an ancient (1960s) Marconi HF transmitter which used
magnetic interlocks. Easily defeated with a magnet. BUT you couldn't put the
cover back on unless you removed the magnet. So no chance of forgetting that
you had defeated the interlocks.

That always struck me as being a sensible approach which took account of
human nature and the practicalities of trouble shooting.

73 Roger
VE3ZI

To: <amps@contesting.com>