SV: [AMPS] ssr's in qro amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] ssr's in qro amps
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:50:58 +0000
Yeah Peter remember what Voltaire said? Something like ( my own words ) : "
I do not agree with your opinion but I respect your right to have YOUR
opinion...."  If everybody had the same opinion, there would be no dicussion
on this net. No fun. If another guys opinion is not yours, you have to
respect it. If you dont and you use bad words it only reflects back on YOU
and everybodies opinion about YOU.

I worked a SM6 in Karlsborg on 80 who used a DAF with a pair of 813s. I
listened on a FT 900 on  USB slightly detuned from the LSB signal to
minimize effects of the filters skirt selectivity. I can not remember what
kind of exciter he was using but the result of the test was very positive:
The guy was 5-10 dB over S9 on the LSB and the meter moved abt 1-2 dbs only
on USB with statics or occasional signal distorsion. The result was  better
than many barefoot signals from several other stations I checked. I have to
calibrate the FT 900s S-meter to see what this actually means in decibels
and check what kind of power and rig the guy was running. As a starter in an
experiment with an DAF amplifier, this experiment is most promising isnt it?

Hej daa de Hans SM5KI