SV: [AMPS] Testing HV Psu

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] Testing HV Psu
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:01:29 +0200
Hello:

Years ago in one of the British ham magazines there was a circuit where you
discharged the reservoire cap in the hv with a thyristor that was in
paralell. When there was flash-over in the pa tube ( valve hi!) you got a
pulse that fired the thyristor. You just insert the lead to the anode
through a big coil with many turns. The coil ignites the thyristor
discharging the cap. Maybe you have to insert a current limiting resistor in
series with the thyristor?

73s de Hans