[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:05:54 +0100
Rich says:

>There is undoubtedly no way to build a VHF suppressor that does not have
>considerable loss at 29MHz.

Another sweeping generalisation!

Because a tube with the plate parasitic resonance BELOW the grid parasitic
resonance doesn't oscillate, a plain inductor can clear it up.  If I remember
correctly, wasn't that what Jon Ogden found with his 4-1000A?

Of course, that's also 1930's technology - it's described in Terman's 'Radio
Engineering'.

But it isn't the universal panacea for all parasitic problems.

I suspect this thread will be pretty interesting over the weekend. Pity I don't
have e-mail at home, and I'm out Monday.

73

Peter G3RZP