[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:43:08 -0700

>> >You can get MANY times the normal AC voltage.
>> >
>> A test by the owner of a SB-220 indicated that the max. mistune potential
>> for the tank was 3700v.  My own tests semi-confirm this.
>
>It's limited by what breaks down,

Nothing broke down during either test.

>and the loaded Q of the tank. I
>can easily get ten times that amount using HV rated parts in a PA.

29kV out of a SB-220?  Only in the Rauchian World.

>I've measured higher voltages in the 220, although even 3700 volts
>is enough to arc the air variable and bandswitch under some
>cases.

The SB-220 Tune-C typically limits potential to c. 3800v.  Did you use a
different Tune-C?

>People at home, tune up your PA's. Unhook the antenna and short
>the output port of your PA. Apply full drive, and tell me if you hear
>any sizzling noises or bangs in the tank or tube!

With the output shorted, the brake is on the flywheel, and there would be
very little tank potential.

>If you have technical points, besides insults or childish things like
>zzzzzzz,

clueless

> I'll address them. As you know, I am not allowed in the
>mud with you.

later, Tom

end