[AMPS] SB200 Retrofit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB200 Retrofit
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:17:42 -0700

>. . .and in order to acquire a Q of c. 2, you make the following
>modifications to your SB200:
>

>1.
?  The factory-stock tuned inputs had a Q of approx. 1.  To obtain a good
match for a solid-state radio, make the Xc of the input cap for the tuned
circuits roughly 25-ohms for each band. / 50-ohms/25-ohms represents a Q
of 2 ("Care and Feeding..." definition).   Remove turns as needed from
orig. tuned input inductors. Adjust L and C-out for best SWR on each
band.  Install fixed values.  (note -  touching HV while making SWR
adjustments may result in injury or death.)
>2.
>3.
>

>Please fill in the blanks Rich. Simply stating a Q of 2 is
>better/mandatory/necessary/neatokeen doesn't help a great deal.
>
>Art

end