[AMPS] Switches

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Switches
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:27:16 -0700

The screen is not dipped, Joe.  It is peaked with the tank.

>load for specified screen current is foreign ... just
>listen to the garbage from some of the mistuned tetrode amplifiers
>that have been showing up over the last couple years.
>
>> Multronics make a line of suitable insuuctors.  Jennings makes a line of
>> suitable capacitors.  With  9-bands, general coverage makes more sense
>> than a bandswitch.
>
>Why do you insist on this kind of stuff?

Because I know that bandswitching a 9-bander does not represent good
engineering practice.  Furthermore,  28 - 29.7 MHz and 3.5 - 4.0 MHz need
two additional tuned circuits per band.    How practical is an
11-position bandswitch?.

>The designer already said
>that a vacuum capacitor was not acceptable as is a rotary inductor,
>no doubt.  There is a significant cost impact (not including the
>need for a bandswitch on the input anyway) that would make such a
>product commercially unviable.

So is an 11-position bandswitch.

>Not everyone shares your design priorities (amplifiers with > $4.5K
>in parts).

$4500 is no big deal, Joe.  I know guys who have over $200k in their ham
stations.

> If you don't have anything positive to contribute keep
>your hands off the keyboard.

end

end