[AMPS] Switches

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Switches
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 14:45:19 -0400
Hi Pat,

> I thought the purpose of the reflector was to build amplifiers, I could
> care less who they are built for, i.e.. Ameritron, Alpha, Henry or the
> U.S. Government as long as we are all learning from the thread of the
> topic. I don't see the problem with helping Tom, Rich or anyone else that
> ask for help as long as everyone is learning.
>
> The posting on switches has been great and some of the ideas that have
> been presented is good food for thought on the different ways to get the
> job done.

Since this is the reflector where everything every manufacturer
does is picked apart and criticized after the product is built, I think
it makes sense to see what some of the most critical have to say
at an early stage.

While there were dozens of excellent switch selections, and even
some poor choices like "use a roller and a vacuum cap".

People protest about not having stuff designed the way they want
it, I think the switch is a good exercise in demonstrating how
involved choices are.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com