[AMPS] RF Choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RF Choke
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:28:33 GMT
>With no grid trip circuit like in SB220, a direct grounding strap is >not
>raccomandable (and doesn't enhance anything in practice).

73,
Mauri I4JMY

Mauri,

It sure does enhance the gain at HF!

You saying that floating the grid above AC ground doesn't decrease gain in
the HF spectrum?

If your statement is correct, my SB220 must be failed, because drive power
dropped 10 to 15 percent with directly grounded grids Vs.  stock SB220.

For people running FT1000s that isn't a big deal, but with some smaller
exciters, or exciters that don't like higher SWR (like the 220 gives on the
upper bands), any extra gain you can get, without harming other things, is a
boon.

Toll Free