[AMPS] RF Choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RF Choke
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 20:05:02 -0500
> I think what happened to you was probably caused by defective
> capacitors.
>
> 73,
> Mauri I4JMY
>

> Well, in the name of actually learning something, I will pick some caps up
> at the store next time, and replace the original Heath grid circuit (LC)..
>  I still have the chokes, etc.

1.) If the capacitors make no difference in gain, as Mauri claims,
then they don't serve the function claimed by proponents of using
them......and so they can be removed with no ill effects. There is no
reason to leave them in.

2.) If the capacitors act like they do in all the amps I've seen (that
has been dozens of amps), then they need removed to help
performance.

Looks like either way the best solution is to get rid of them,
because they either do nothing at all or they hurt the system.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com