[AMPS] Clipperton L amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Clipperton L amplifier
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:32:18 -0800

>Were these amps that were measured while exhibiting intermittent vhf
>oscillation damaged in any way by the oscillation?

the vhf suppressor-R was typically damaged.  The resistance suddenly
increased 2x - 4x.

>What was the duration of the oscillation (typically)?

no measurement.  my guess is a few microseconds.

>Was anything done to trigger the oscillation?

on some, the amplifier was keyed - causing a rapid change in anode I and
anode-circuit ringing.  .  A big-bang ensued.  The amp. was not being
driven at the time.  922s are infamous for this.

>How did you know to prepare to measure such phenomenon?

The resonance that  causes the big-bang was there for measuring whenever.

>How were the amps driven and loaded for these measurements?

max out / max drive.

cheers, Bill
>.

end