[AMPS] swr

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] swr
From: carlseye@tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:25:55 -0500
I guess I didn't state the problem quite well enough. When running straight
thru(amp off) the circuit works fine, but when the amp is on it reads about
1.5:1 and nothing I do can bring it down. I did check the terminating
resistors, and finally replaced them just for peace of mind. There are some
rigs that seem to have a certain amount of inductive reactance in the relay
ckt. and that's why I tried the capacitance on the relay output side. I'll
try some more values , higher and lower, but my experience in the past
usually ended up with maybe 25-35 pf. but that didn't happen this time. the
external wattmeter/ swrmeter(AUTEK) is used to tune and load the amp and it
says "perfect"   1:1. I'm sure the answer is simple but it's the simple
things that tend to drive you crazy!!! It would seem I've forgotten a whole
lot more than I thought, hi,hi!. any thoughts on the subject will be
appreciated!! Incidently, I'm working this thing into a dummy load, which
measures 1:1 up to 30 mhz. so I don't see a problem there!!!    carl m/
kz5ca