[AMPS] Problem with Ameritron AL-82

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Problem with Ameritron AL-82
From: kimba@sprint.ca (Bert Barry)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 09:24:56 -0500
Hi Mike,

I had exactly the same problem with my Alpha 87 driven by an FT-1000D.  The
problem
was not the amplifier - it was a fault in the wiring to the "tx-gnd" phono jack
on
the back of the FT-1000. Fortunately, at least in my case, the problem was NOT
in
the FT-1000 tx-gnd relay, which would have been a pig to replace.

After putting up with the frustration for a short while, output from the amp
dropped
to drive level, when the tx-gnd jack circuit went open all together. I bit the
bullet and did the necessary surgery in the middle of a contest!

73  Bert  VE3QAA