[AMPS] Problem with Ameritron AL-82

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Problem with Ameritron AL-82
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 01:12:26 -0800
In my case, I think the problem may be hot switching as Tom described since
the symptoms are very consistent and on several occasions I did notice the
FT-1000D's SWR meter spiking on the initial key closure (it only did this once
or twice out of many tries). If hot switching is a problem, does anyone know a
way to speed up the FT-1000D relay closure relative the onset of the
transceiver's RF envelope?