[AMPS] 4-1000A Project

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-1000A Project
From: Wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu (William Fuqua)
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:18:40 -0400
         Not my experience with 4-1000A's. At 3KV they take a lot of drive
and fairly close to what
Bill Orr stated in his article on Tetrodes used in grounded grid amplifiers
(about 170 watts) but at 5 or more KV
it is less than 70 watts for full output and about 50 for full gallon (1500
watts).
Also a 1KVA variac is small not only due to the fact that the plate input
power for 1500watts output CW would be
over 2KW but that the current drawn by the power supply is many times the
RMS value for a Capacitive input filter.
Not so much a problem with a inductive input filter.

73
Bill wa4lav