[AMPS] basic question about dipping the plate

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] basic question about dipping the plate
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:37:36 +0200
As any circuit is solved (simplified), generators opened or closed etc.
finally an equivalent R, XL and XC are found.
Of course a real inductor is not only inductance as well a capacitor is not
pure capacitance, they are already a resultant of  different sign reactances
plus losses (a resistance) that's frequency dependent.
By itself, anyway, the Q has no straight relation with resonant frequency
but's a number obtained with R, XC and XL.
Found the effective values of  equivalent XC, XL and R (C and L & R) the
parallel and series resonance is exactly the same and is found when XL
equals XC.

73,
Mauri I4JMY