[AMPS] Review of Antenna Tuner from Dayton

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Review of Antenna Tuner from Dayton
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:18:05 -0400
> Good point.  This sucker is well built.  The caps are very large.  Again,
> I've not seen a better built unit.  Of course, the Nye Viking unit may be
> bigger and better, but it costs nearly $1000 too.

The Palstar AT4K looks like a great, well-built tuner.  I was considering
one recently until I ran across an ad from John Bliss in Electric Radio
which describes a high power balanced/unbalanced tuner using
industrial-strength components, including vacuum caps.  It's also in the
kilobuck category.  The tuner is truly balanced and looks like it wouldn't
have any trouble well into the multi-KW range.  A remote controlled,
motorized version is also available.  Here's the link to find out more...

http://airwaterkinginc.purification.com/bzmmremotemotor.html

-Paul, W9AC