[AMPS] tvi.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] tvi.
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 07:16:06 -0500
I agree with Phil's comments about the electrical stuff.

Also, tell him to call up Amidon and order their FT-240-77 torroids (I
believe the 240 is the largest if I remember correctly).  Get a torroid for
each cord.  Wind as many turns as possible around the torroid next to
wherever the cord goes in.  If it's the TV, put a torroid on the coax and a
torroid on the power cord.  He needs to put these on every set or dss rx,
etc.

That will most definitely clear things up for him.

Also, yes, indeed, the unconnected DSS coax was probably picking up all
sorts of stuff.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 6/29/01 6:36 PM, carl seyersdahl at carlseye@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Many thanks to all on the amps reflector for their suggestions. I have
> forwarded the last responses and last answer from my friend Chuck, wa4cch,
> for all to see what strange things can happen in this game.thanks again.
> carl / kz5ca

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA