[AMPS] tvi.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] tvi.
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 06:20:57 -0700

>I agree with Phil's comments about the electrical stuff.
>
>Also, tell him to call up Amidon and order their FT-240-77 torroids (I
>believe the 240 is the largest if I remember correctly).  Get a torroid for
>each cord.  Wind as many turns as possible around the torroid next to
>wherever the cord goes in.  If it's the TV, put a torroid on the coax and a
>torroid on the power cord.  He needs to put these on every set or dss rx,
>etc.
>
>That will most definitely clear things up for him.

/\  This will prevent fundamental RF from entering the TV set, however,
it most definitely did not cure my TVI problem.  I found the problem by
sending a series of 7MHz, 1400w dits with a keyer, and sniffing around
outside with a hand-held VHF receiver.  I discovered that the joints in
the metal rain gutters were acting like varactor diodes and generating
harmonics of 7MHz well into the VHF region.   The cure was to
silver-solder copper ribbons across the joints in the rain gutters.

later

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end