[AMPS] 14KW

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 14KW
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:53:46 -0500
>   I'm not a DX'er so it's revealing to hear about the high power philosophy.
> About 6 months ago a friend of mine starting working DX with 100 watts and a
> dipole.  Today he has the 1000MP mark V, the big amp, the tower, the beam
> and is spending many bucks "buying" QSL's.
>   I do like your philosophy on life being too short and if 14KW+ makes it
> happen for some, well it is nice when people are happy.
> 73,
>  Ken W2DTC

Hey, Ken...whatever floats your boat.
We occupy the planet for a fairly short time. I like to seize every moment
with gusto. All hobbies can get expensive. At least amateur radio keeps
one off the street and out of the pool hall.

Bill, W7TI..my tombstone will read "been there, done that, got the T shirt!"

((73))
Phil, K5PC