>I'm presently repairing a Heath SB-1000. Are there any modifications
>that would be worthwhile while the cover is off... besides a step-start
>and a glitch resistor, that is?
// The SB-1000 is virtually identical to the AL-80, and thus so are the
1. glitch diodes across meter movements.
2. lower Rp parasitic suppressors. [photos of parasitic-arced AL-80
bandswitches on my Web site.
3. high-speed switching is needed to avoid hotswitching with newer
4. cathode RF-NFB resistance needed if driven by 100w.
/note -- the information in the manual about more than 500mA being ok is
not supported by any 3-500Z manufacturer's rating. The max. rating is
good luck, Ian
- R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps
Administrative requests: amps-REQUEST@contesting.com