[AMPS] Plate Choke test with MFJ-259B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Plate Choke test with MFJ-259B
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:33:55 -0500
I assume you have the plug-in "Duckie" that converts
your 259 into a GDO.

The choke is tested in place, with a shorting strap across
the two terminals. If the choke has over 150 uh or so of L,
there may be two resonance's found between 10 and 40 mhz.

The very popular choke sold by RF Parts and used in Ameritron
amps is resonant around 11.5 mhz, and again between 10 and 6
meters. That is why this choke is so desirable. It has sufficient L
for 160 meters, and is good on  the other 8 bands as well.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC