[AMPS] Plate Choke test with MFJ-259B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Plate Choke test with MFJ-259B
From: Mike" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:04:11 -0700
How about connecting the 259 directly to the output side of the blocking cap
(with
the PI network disconnected)? If the choke is self-resonant, I would expect the
shunt
impedance seen by the 259 to dip as it is swept thru the choke resonance. I've
been
curious to try this on my Drake L-7 to see if it might be capable of WARC
coverage
(esp 24 MHz).

Mike, W4EF.........