[AMPS] Noises in electrolytic capacitors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Noises in electrolytic capacitors
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:04:30 -0700

>> 2 (Rich) wrote:
>>
>> > //  (ref SB-1000 and AL-80 owners' manuals)
>> > When challenged on his assertion that the 3-500Z was re-rated by
>> > Eimac for 500mA
>>
>> I don't know why this keeps coming up, but the SB-1000 and AL80B
>> manuals talk about running the plate current up to 500 ma for a short
>> period during tuning only, so that you can tune the tank for the peak
>> conditions that will occur during SSB use.  They specifically say that
>> you should reduce drive in CW to give you 400 ma., and make
>> reasonabale statements about the meter swing you should expect on SSB.
>
>It comes up because someone has been driven into saturation, and
>distorts everything he reads or hears when he amplifys it.
>
>;-)
>
>The manuals specifically state exactly what you say Vic, but

//  Fasten Seatbelts

>Eimac did specifically say IVS operation of the 3-500Z would allow
>operation at over 500mA or higher for long time periods with no
>deterioration in service life.
>
>So even if the manual said what Rich claims it said, which it does
>not, it would still be OK.

//  500mA is correct from Vic but 500mA is not correct from me?  Whasup
with that?
  The issue is not sevvice life, it is peak emission ability and splatter
on SSB.  Hows about publishing the alleged Eimac letter for all to see,
Tom?

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end