[AMPS] Noises in electrolytic capacitors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Noises in electrolytic capacitors
From: K4SO@aol.com (K4SO@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:46:24 EDT

--part1_123.5255efc.28e924f0_boundary

Tom gets the troubleshooting prize for this problem. After pulling the caps,
I checked the equalizing/bleeder resistors and found one open! It looks
absolutely perfect, no signs of physical damage such as heat, cracks or
scrapes. I'll need to get a replacement, then see if the cap is damaged
beyond use. It's doubtful at best.

Thanks again for all the feedback. It's been an education beyond the initial
problem.

73, Mark

--part1_123.5255efc.28e924f0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Tom gets the troubleshooting
prize for this problem. After pulling the caps, I checked the
equalizing/bleeder resistors and found one open! It looks absolutely perfect,
no signs of physical damage such as heat, cracks or scrapes. I'll need to get a
replacement, then see if the cap is damaged beyond use. It's doubtful at best.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks again for all the feedback. It's been an education beyond the
initial problem.
<BR>
<BR>73, Mark</FONT></HTML>

--part1_123.5255efc.28e924f0_boundary--