[AMPS] Need HV connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need HV connectors
From: jstrohm@texas.net (Jim Strohm)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:18:30 -0600
Hi

My military sources tell me that they can get anything they can
imagine...but not necessarily at a price you'd want to pay.

Plain ol' silicone spark plug wire is fine for HV to a few amps, and you
really should NOT be subjecting HV lines to an environment in which armor
coating is desired.  If this were the case, I'd suggest a raceway or an
insulated conduit -- teflon lined, perhaps.

Assuming reasonable shielding and bypassing, a short run of HV DC should
not cause or be subject to interference.

You wouldn't need a coaxial spark plug -- they're ALL made that way -- but
it might ne handy to use the elescrode and porcelain insulator sawed off of
one  to provide a secure mate to a factory crimped spark plug wire.

Jim N6OTQ

Jerry Flanders <jflanders2@home.com>  asks --