[AMPS] Need HV connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need HV connectors
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:22:15 -0800
The Millens are single-contact connectors rated 7000Vdc.

I never had a safety concern with them, as B- is typ at ground potential or
just 1V or so above ground potential (to provide for metering), and I've
never built a power supply that didn't have a 3-prong cord and a ground
wire.  I normally use multicontact Jones or Molex (or something) connectors
for other amp-to-PS wiring and use multiple conductors to assure a
fault-tolerant chassis-to-chassis ground as well; however even in the
absence of this cable, there would be no shock risk if the power supply
chassis itself is grounded by its power cord.

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger