[AMPS] Transformer Current ratings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Transformer Current ratings
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil (VA3UX))
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:44:31 -0500
I remember this - it was done by a guy with a dutch last name. It was a 2
KVA supply, around 2 KV. It was the size of a shoe box and weighed 10 or 15
lbs. I believe it was included just one year in the ARRL Handbook -
possibly mid- to- late 80's.

The only problem I see with these SMPS is that the parts count is high, and
they're far more complex than the simple brute-force linear supplies we use
for amps. I think the trade-off of high weight/volume and low parts count
against low weigh/volume but high complexity is what has kept SMPS out of
the amateur linear amp scene.

Phil