[AMPS] HV Pole Pigs ++

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV Pole Pigs ++
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:40:04 -0800

> After the Chinese held our flyboys against their will on Hainon Island and
>
> stripping all the technology from the plane that they could, I would not
> do
> business with those creeps. The hottest video going around China now is
> one
> glorifying the WTC bombing with a commentator telling that the US can be
> defeated. Every transformer you buy from the Chicoms probably buys bullets
>
> for the PLA ( Peoples Liberation Army). I will not buy anything made in
> China
> if I can help it and I would hope most other Americans would do the same.
        [Steve Katz]  I wouldn't condemn a nation of >1 billion for the
actions of a few hundred.  I can't avoid buying some Chinese goods, as I
like their food, and use their chopsticks to eat it.  My only problem with
Chinese electrical goods stems from having visited manufacturing plants in
ShenZhen and Beijing and noting that without American-trained (and typically
American born) manufacturing engineers and quality inspectors, they would
all run amok very quickly.  Their propensity for making materials
substitutions (as in "hey, this costs a penny less and looks the same, let's
use it!") is ingrained in their mentality and very lifestyle, and has been
for thousands of years, so it's difficult to maintain configuration control
without careful surveillance. -WB2WIK/6