[AMPS] Building new 4-1000A amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Building new 4-1000A amp
From: w1nr@eecorp.com (Mike McCarthy, W1NR)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:27:12 -0500
Why does everyone insist that the 4-1000 needs in excess of 5kV to run legal
limit?  I have built several that easily put out 1500W with only 4-4.5 kV
and 100W from a solid state rig.  Am I just using good tubes vs. ones near
the end of life?  Probably.

I would use bandpass coax stubs to keep harmonics down with only an "L"
network.

Mike, W1NR