[AMPS] Building new 4-1000A amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Building new 4-1000A amp
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 23:32:55 -0600
on 1/4/02 11:03 PM, robrk at robrk@pgh.net wrote:

> If you do the math on a B&W 850, they don't follow the charts from band to
> band.
> One of the Bill Orr handbook amps talked about new tap points for some of the
> bands. I have a 3-500 amp I followed his numbers and C1/C2 tune where they
> should and get good output on all freqs.

You are absolutely correct!  It is totally the WRONG inductance values
needed.  I have the specs for the 850 somewhere and I also have the needed
values for a tank coil in the 4-1000A.  I could look it up and repost it or
if one wants to, they could look in the contesting.com archives for messages
by myself on that subject.  I've posted all of them before.

The bottom line is the stock 850 is the wrong tank coil to use - just like
you said.

73,

Jon
NA9D