[Amps] Useful parts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Useful parts
From: g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk (Cleeve)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:07:13 +0000
Gentlemen, this information may be of use to home constructors....I have just
replaced our domestic microwave oven, which is a 700 watt Philips Cooktronic
M718, which happened to be made in Sweden, it was purchased in 1986, and in
daily use ever since. The failure was due to the rotating antenna system.

        Looking at the unit, it seemed too good to throw away, for the desk top
cabinet is 24 inches by 14 inches by 14 inches, and inside, there is a good
blower unit, together with a very nice transformer which has a 2300 volt @ 700
Ma secondary, plus the magnetron,  all good parts for the home brew amp
constructor.......

        My reason for putting this on the reflector is that I was told by the
service
engineer, that such units are simply thrown on the dump, in the UK, every day,
which seems such a criminal waste ......so, if you need parts for the
amplifier, take a look at your local waste dump, or ask at your local
microwave oven service centre, for a defunct unit......good luck, 73, de John
Cleeve. G3JVC.