[Amps] 10 Meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 10 Meters
From: Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:02:02 -0000
Traian said:

>So, the 1.5 kW mobile may be closer that we think...

Except for the EMC problems in the car electrics.........

Was it not one of the Toyota 4WD vehicles that blew the computer if you used 100
watts of RF at HF in it? About 10 years ago, I guess - there were some bits in
CQ about it. In the US they could get away with saying 'tough', but as I recall,
there was a problem when they wanted to sell it in parts of Africa where 100
watt HF mobiles are common.

Certainly won't get legal 1.5kW HF in the EU - I doubt you'll even get a legal
100 watts of HF in new cars because of the Automotive Directive.

Shades of Don Wallace W6AM and his kW /m.....

73

Peter G3RZP